1st ASIAN BIRD FAIR
Eden Garden Resort, Davao City
Bird Conservation Society of Thailand –
Chairman Gawin Chutima
Chinese Wild Bird federation – President Charles Cheng,
Secretary General Victor Yu
Malaysian Nature Society – Head of Communications Andrew
Nature Society (Singapore) – Bird Group Willie Foo
Wild Bird Club of the Philippines – President Mike Lu
Wild Bird Society of Taipei – Ou Shuan Yuan
1. The 2nd Asian Bird Fair 2011 will be hosted
by the Chinese Wild Bird Federation and the Wild Bird Society
of Tainan on October 15-16, 2011 in Tainan City, Taiwan.
2. The 2nd Asian Bird Fair will highlight
the Black-faced Spoonbill. More than 50% of the global population
of the Black-faced Spoonbills winter in Taijiang National
Park, that was established in December 2009.
3. An ABF logo to be created. Andrew Sebastian
will post the guidelines for approval amongst ABF founders.
Each founding organization is at liberty to send up to 3 designs
4. Asian Bird Fair trademark to be registered
in each of the founding organization’s country.
5. Video of 1st ABF will be sent to each
of the founding organization for promotion and sponsorship
6. Each founding organization must support
the ABF, wherever it may be held, through press release and
communications, ie website, club publications, media, etc.
7. Representatives of the founding organizations
have volunteered to host the ABF accordingly:
Year 2012: Bird Conservation Society of Thailand
Year 2013: Malaysian Nature Society
Year 2014: Wild Bird Society of Taipei
Year 2015: Nature Society (Singapore)
8. The ABF host organization is encouraged
to adopt an “international” theme for the particular
year as the ABF theme ie UN, UNEP, Birdlife, IUCN, etc.
9. All founding organizations must announce
their national festivals/fairs as soon as possible to ensure
no overlapping events. As much as possible, founding organizations
are to ensure a two-week gap between the events.
10. All founding organizations must participate,
as much as possible, each other’s national festivals/fairs.