The Honey Lu Conservation Fund is a special facility designed to
provide members with seed funding to undertake projects or activities to promote the
conservation area priorities of the WBCP and contribute to new bird records in the
1. PhP 4,000.00 maximum awards available to WBCP
members for projects and activities per activity/theme/locale/per
2. Open to individual proponent- members of the Wild Bird Club of the Philippines,
but group work involving at least 2 members of good standing will be prioritized
1. Proponent(s) shall email a short request letter to the Honey Lu
Conservation Fund Committee with the following information:
- Title of Activity or Project:
- Inclusive Dates:
- Deadline for report submission:
- Objectives:(also, demonstrate how the activity/project can contribute to larger
national/international conservation goals, new bird records in the Philippines and
a bigger project)
- Output/Outcome/Results Expected: (will you be using to access a bigger grant?
write a short article for posting or publication? Chances of approval are greater
if the proponent is able to come up with an output that will concretely contribute
to club priorities regarding conservation, as well as demonstrate continuity without
club funds. Club priorities include PLP wetlands, Asian Waterbird Census contribution,
new records, etc.)
- Budget required: Transportation, fuel and other logistical requirements (e.g.
hiring of boats, guides, etc), Supplies, Food
- Others: Source of other funds
3. The Fund Committee will accept and process requests during
the months of April and September of each year. Deadline for requests are the end of
these months. The committee shall endorse proposals to the EXECOM for final approval.
4. The Fund Committee will announce approved requests  at the
end of the application period based on the following criteria:
a. Active involvement of more than one WBCP member
b. Concrete contribution to WBCP conservation priority areas as mentioned above
c. Contribution to national and international conservation goals
d. Activity must demonstrate that proponents can access more resources as a
result of the seed fund
5. Approved proposals will be posted at the WBCP e-group for
monitoring purposes. Reports will likewise be posted on the e-group.
1. One page trip report (must follow standard trip report),
outcomes, and full listing of expenses with receipts or vouchers not more than 1 month
after the activity.
2. As the report will be posted on the website and the e-group, proponents are
requested to send these in on time.
 If the total funds of the Honey Pot fall below PhP 10,000.00,
no new requests for funding will be entertained until the funds are replenished