This book is the first volume
of a series of guidebooks on birdwatching in the Philippines.
It covers representative areas in Luzon, the Visayas and Mindanao.
It also includes different range of habitats from coastal
mudflats to forest areas and man-made parks.
* Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National
* Rasa Island, Palawan
* Hundred Islands National Park, Pangasinan
* Bangrin Marine Protected Area, Pangasinan
* Subic Bay, Zambales
* Balanga Wetlands, Bataan
* Candaba Marsh, Pampanga
* Las Pinas-Paranaque Critical Habitat & Ecotourism Area,
* Mt. Palay-Palay National Park, Cavite
* Villa Escudero, Quezon
* Alcoy Forest, Cebu
* Olango Island Wildlife Sanctuary, Cebu
* Philippine Eagle Center, Davao
Viewing tower at Rasa Island,
Birdwatching in the Philippines, Volume 1
is a collaborative effort of the Philippine Department of
Tourism, Recreational Outdoor Exchange (ROX) and the Wild
Bird Club of the Philippines (WBCP).
As part of the vision for this undertaking,
birdwatching can also help save the remaining bird species
and habitats through tourism as a sustainable industry.
The book can be purchased from the Wild Bird
Club of the Philippines at P 650.00. Please send email to